About Me

My photo
Not as young as I was but young enough to be curious about the world and go places to write about it.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Back in Auckland

Set off early to get back to Auckland in time for some of us to go up the tower there. I'm keen to get back to exchange my damaged ring for a good one. Lunch is at Warkworth where we'd stopped for coffee 2 days ago. Given that my stomach is on its second bout of whatever, I'm not very hungry. (Maybe all those bacon and egg breakfasts are having their way with me!)

Did my first commercial transaction re videotaping today. About 18 people want a video of their holiday and are prepared to pay in advance for it. So now I have to deliver. I was so busy on the bus making a spreadsheet for the video orders, finalising the Trivial Pursuit questions (whoops, just realised I've reported the final night's activities in the previous blog.) and writing up the blog, we seemed to be in Auckland in no time.


Kiwis are crazy, even jumping off the tower, in a harness it must be admitted but still... I was too slow and on the wrong side of the bus to get a shot. Found some flat Belisha Beacons though.

Those Belisha Beacons. 




Following the instructions of the Ariki rep Kit and I find the office where my replacement ring is. Hallelujah it's there. After all this you might be forgiven for thinking it is a very expensive item. It isn't. It's just annoying to buy something that's flawed, takes all the enjoyment out of it.



New jade ring.  
Now I'm happy, and Kit and I take our time wandering up Queen Street, a major shopping precinct in Auckland. I'm sorry Kiwis, it seems a very seedy place. I guess it didn't help that one of the public toilets I entered was so gross I walked straight out. George Street in Sydney for all its faults is far superior.

We pass the town hall from which some graduating students are emerging, and having their photos taken with friends and family in a nearby park. Brings back memories of Sydney Uni.

At night we did the things I reported in the previous blog, dur!

Celebrating our last night in NZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment